Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A day in the life of Alexis


Today I started off my day with my strengthening marriage and family class I got stuck taking where we very oddly talked about intimacy within marriage for a good hour of the class. Since I am not married and do not plan on getting married for at least a few years it was very awkward to sit there in a class of mostly married people and listen to it. Right after class I headed to the library to study but ran into my friend Nicole who asked me if I was headed to the devotional they hold every Tuesday. I was now! I had totally forgotten about it but I’m glad I went because it turned out to be pretty good and we sat there and ate delicious bagels during it too. After the rest of my classes I biked up a massive hill to get home (I might stick to walking the other path to my classes). At home I made my first attempt to make chicken for dinner. Total failure. I tried cooking the chicken in a pan and didn’t want to fry it with cooking oil (plus that’s not even an option since I don’t have any ha). So I put a tiny bit of water in the pan and a few drops of lemon juice for flavor. Of course when closing the lid on the lemon juice it squirted some right in my eye and i thought it was on fire. The bottles really should come with a warning label. The chicken looked SO nasty when i cooked it but it tasted okay so i ate it anyway. Hey I'm a poor college kid, I can't afford to be wasting my food! After dinner Nicole and I went to meet our friend Aaron and some of her roommates. With nothing better to do we printed out a bright orange sheet of paper and made them into wristbands to match the EFY kids that are here. Out back of the cannon center they were having a huge dance and we slipped right in (we can totally pull it off because some of the EFY kids definitely look older than we do). It was a lot of fun until and EFY counselor made me and this 14 year old boy dance. I felt like SUCH a creeper. Of course I got paired up to dance with one of the youngest kids there. When they announced the last dance we ripped off our bracelets and strolled away casually like nothing happened. After we went to this ice cream place called Sub-Zero. If you haven't been I suggest you go! You tell them what ingreidents and flavorings to put in the bowl and then right there they freeze it in liquid nitrogen that is -321 below zero, and it was delicious! Okay, so the thing I have learned today is first a raw chicken breast feels really weird plus i need to find a better way to cook it and second, EFY seems like it would've been really fun, I wish I would have had the opportunity to go!

2 comments:

  1. I have a few recipes for you. One is a very simple marinade you can put your chicken in for even 10 minutes before you cook it. It will at least give it more flavor. :) Good job though. The more you cook the easier it will get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That should help a lot. I never realized how much I don't know how to cook until I am on my own with very limited ingredients.

    ReplyDelete